Friday, November 18, 2011

Soldiers of God! An Email - October 11, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,
 
So life here in the desert is going pretty well, it's not so super hot. It was in the 70's all last week umm perfect weather I would say. I'm totally excited for Meaghan to go into the MTC it's going to be sweet.  How did she find people that were going on the mission with her? Life for her will be crazy at the MTC, a comp a crazy awesome teacher. There is this member here who served his mission in Ukraine his name is Koa.  I know cool name!!!
 
Life as a district leader has been interesting.  I had to go on exchanges today, actually I will be going into La Quinta with Elder Larson he's only been out 3 months. We're going to  go service tracting; I wonder how well that will go.
 
So, for my responsibilities: I am over 5 other missionaries I'm supposed to help them and train them in their work, and be a guide for them so they can improve. One of the Elders, E. Given, is a ASL elder.  He knows sign language, how cool is that???  He's going to teach me how to say, winner winner chicken dinner in ASL. They are trying to start an ASL branch out here. We are looking for just one or two more deaf people to join the church!!  Keep your prayers with them!!!   Elder Larson is his companion and like I said they are serving in La Quinta.
 
 The next companionship is Elder Alvarez and Elder Dye! Although fairly Spanish sounding E. Alvarez is totally white, he is from Virginia and he's also only been out 3 months. I spent the day with him last week and all we did was tract all day, 6 hours. It stunk. I don't really know Dye that well, I think he's from Utah?? He's a nice guy and has a really cute sister I'm going to see if he will give me her address. I'm still concentrating on the work don't worry mom.
 
Then there is me and my comp. E. Christensen is from Idaho, Pocatello, he's a huge reader that's all he ever did back home and he is very knowledgeable. We have many differences but we are making  it through... everything  is OK. 
 
That's the district; today I gave a training on how we are Gods army and we need to support each other and help with the work.  Hopefully everything will go well. 

Love,
 
Elder Zachary David Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment