Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Back To Redlands! E-mail - Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Day!!!!!

The long 6 months in the desert is finally over.   I'm now back in the Redlands Zone in Highlands on bike.  That will be interesting, my third huge hill area :) !!!  I'm  no longer a district leader which is kinda weird, but I enjoy it. My new comp Elder Williams is the DL and what's strange is it's a district of Sisters!!!! Meaghan would love it!!! There are 4 sisters, a senior couple, then us... they call it the banished area, but we are going to make the best of it. I'm also the oldest missionary in the zone... they call me Patriarch Daniel isn't that sweet.
 
Well, my last few weeks in the desert were horrible.  I just wanted out and I'm glad to be away from that awful place, but I feel as if I may have learned the greatest life lesson that I could have. Although I felt super alone in the desert;  I do know that I was never truly alone.  Heavenly Father was there helping me along the way. My testimony of the gospel has quadrupled (I know John spelling) I have learned not just that God lives, but how He works. How that he takes us and uses us for what He needs, not what we want!  That's the learning experience that I had. Maybe I didn't want to be with my last companion, but I needed it and so did he and it wasn't until I saw that and finally took the time and acted on it.
 
President Smart calls the mission the University of Life and now that I have gone through those recent experiences,   I truly see why it is the University of Life. I have grown so much in the last 17 and a half months.  I can't wait for the next 6 and a half to see what else I can learn.
 
I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet. That he was lead by Christ who is the center of this Church and the Savior and Redeemer of the world.
--
Elder Zachary David Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment