Monday, October 10, 2011

The Desert! E-mail September 19, 2011

Hello family, friends, acquaintance's and people I do not know!

Well,  to answer my mothers question Transfers are in two weeks,  however that does not mean I am leaving or my comp is leaving.
So this week was like all the rest, besides the fact that we heard from Elder Christensen of the Seventy. He  spoke of the Atonement and how it works in your life and I noticed something that day that I thought John (my step-dad would find quite enjoyable).  As always E. Christensen spoke first then Sis. Smart then Pres.Smart. after that we took a break and we reconvened with Sis. Christensen (this is what John will like) Sis. Christensen almost took an entire hour!!!!! She had only like 15 minutes and it was so deep doctrine I was so bored!!!!!!
Then E. Christensen got up to give one last training and to do a Q&A session and his first words were "Well since my wife just spoke,  let me simplify it for you". it surprises me that the great heroes of the church are not the ones who spit the deep doctrine but those who share the Simple. Christs Atonement could definitely be taken very very deep, but that's not what E. Christensen did; he gave us the basics and told us to study the basics and learn that because that is what will save you.  That firm belief that Jesus is the Christ. Not that he is Virtue or if he had a wife or kids. That does not matter, all that matters is that the Atonement has taken place and we must accept it. As I think of the greats:  Mormon, Moroni, Peter, Paul, John the Revalator, these men did not give us deep doctrine to question, yet simple principles to lead us to Christ.   
As I look at the pact 13 months I feel amazed to have gone this far.  The road to finishing is not long at all.  I wish you all a good time in Kentucky (or wherever else you may be)!
 All my love,
--
Elder Zachary David Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment