Monday, January 17, 2011

Just Another Week ! E-mail January 17, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,
 
Wow what a week you had, mine was no where near as crazy.  I have the same companion and the same issues. My communication is very low on Friday I thought I lost my mind!!  I had started a mini-journal and the entries get kinda weird. The ward is doing good.  It seems like we get a new family every week.  We actually did get into teach four families that we had been trying to meet with, but never could. They all have kids and I'm using Johns' idea, by using lollipops. 
 
Now my story for this week is a little scary, but mom, I was being careful. So, I was riding my bike and was going to take this turn.   I checked to see if a car was coming and there was none.   I took the turn and about halfway through I noticed a car coming towards me going super fast. There was no way to avoid him and  I had to make a decision.   So I grabbed my brakes.  I don't know if it was my natural reaction or what, but that's what I did. When I grabbed my brakes nothing happened.  I was so scared I just waited for the car to hit me and enter the next world. But immediately I felt as if something gave me a push and I went faster.  I missed the car by an inch.  Then the car came to a screeching halt and said; "I'm sorry I never saw you."  I told him  it was "OK".  Then I checked my brakes, and all were good.   They worked!!!!  I have no explanation except the Lord needed me safe.   If  I would have stopped I definitely would have been hit.
 
Well, I have to get going.  Talk to you later!
 
Love,
--
Elder Zachary David Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment