Thursday, January 13, 2011

Another Week - An E-mail January 10, 2011

Another crazy week in the life of Elder Daniel. I had my second mini missionary of this transfer and  I am soon going to meet my third. The Ward has been extremely helpful especially since  Iwas all alone last Sunday!!! That's right, no companion.  I spent all church with random Priesthood holders. My Bishop said it was the weirdest thing he ever saw when  Iwas walking down the hall all by myself. It was weird for me too; being alone for the first time in almost 6 months.
 
We had a multi-zone this last week and  I got to see one of the guys I roomed with for the first time since we left the mission home.  It was cool seeing how much he's changed and that made me wonder if  I have changed much.   I don't feel much different. I know I've seen some crazy things and I know that my testimony has really increased, but have I really changed, and for the better?
 
I have spent the whole weekend with the other Elders; Burton, Cothran-Draper, Walker, and Reynlds.  I have started thinking about life after the mission, because three of them are going home this spring. It makes me really nervous thinking that my whole life will change when I get home.  These 5 and a half months have flown by and that scares me a little, thinking the whole two years can fly by, and I don't want that to happen. I love the mission so much I don't know if I will be able to go home.  I know this seems weird; me saying this, but it's true. 
 
Well, I'm sorry this letter is a little bit of a downer, but  I will be fine.  I will work till I cannot work anymore.  I will not stop no matter how hard the persecution or hatred.

--
Elder Zachary David Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment