Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO??? Email - Monday, November 1, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,
I  have had a pretty hectic week. I feel like more of a counselor than a missionary.  I had one less active member I was working with go to jail and an investigators daughter over-dose on vicodin. It's been a hard week, but nevertheless good.
I was thinking the other day, "Why is the mission said to be the best two years of your life?" it was something I simply didn't understand.  Well, I shouldn't say that I do understand, but I know others do not, and I'll tell you the very simples reasons why I believe this, there are three.
1. YOU GET TO SEE PEOPLE ACCEPT THE GOSPEL.
What more could you ask for?  You see people who's lives are in shambles, they hate themselves and wonder why they're here and what they're doing. Watching them realize that they have a loving Heavenly Father and gaining a testimony of him is incredible. I couldn't even explain how it feels.
2. YOU LIVE THE COMMANDMENTS TO THE FULLEST.
I know what your saying: Elder Daniel, your crazy how does this help at all. It's as simple as this. LIVING THE COMMANDMENTS MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON!!!! There's no excuses about it, no science to disprove it.  It is unmistakable and undying. Yes, you can always be better, but why should you not try your best, if you don't, you don't deserve the happiness. Elder Ringwood said it the best "by saying you don't want to do better; your saying there is no sin. If you believe that, what will be your place in Heaven" when he told us that it really struck me. Was I being the best I could?  Well, frankly no, and each day I strive to do better.
3. THERE IS A MIRACLE EVERYDAY.
HOW AMAZING DOES THAT SOUND?!?! and it's totally true no matter how big or small. There is no denying that. If I tried to put all the miracles that happened, I would have a 10 page email, and trust me you don't want that!
All this is great, but what even makes this greater, is you have it in your own lives.  I wish I would've realized that a lot earlier.  My life would've seemed a lot easier. You may be saying I never have seen one convert to the gospel, WELL YOU CAN!!!  Become a MEMBER MISSIONARY, now, today, after reading this email. The Lord needs us all no matter how great or small (Alma 37: 6-7) its true and simple so what will you do???
Love,
Elder Zachary David Daniel
PS  I've enclosed some pics, and I wasn't transferred last week!

1 comment:

  1. PS New pictures are up in the pictures tab, we scanned them in when he sent them in the letter!

    ReplyDelete