Monday, March 14, 2011

A Letter - March 7, 2011

Dear John,

Thank you so much for the letter and for the cash.  Elder Sommers and I found it rather great to have some cash to spend!

I just got out of probably one of the hardest lessons on my mission.  I didn't teach any minister or priest.  I didn't even teach a non-member of the Church.  I wrote an E-mail a few weeks ago about sacrifices and one family in particular.  A wife and mother who just had a still born baby.

Yesterday, she asked us to come to her home tonight and teach her family about the Plan of Salvation.  It was quite difficult.  Many times tears filled the room.  Questions started flying.  I found myself asking, "How am I a 19 year old supposed to tell this family not to fear all will be fine?"  I found that in these moment when  I stopped and pondered that the spirit took hold and led us with what to say and do.

It's moments like these in my mission that remind me of who I am.  3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  I have been called of Him to declare His work among His people, that they might have everlasting life."

Never forget.  I won't.

Elder Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment